2017 SEASON BEST
5000M – 22:33.05 (September 16, UMass Dartmouth Corsairs Invitational)
- Put together a strong sophomore campaign in which she ran three of the five fastest times on the roster
- Competed in four of the team's five meets
- Ran the fastest time in two races and finished top-two in all four races
- Opened her season on September 16, by running her fastest time of the season and the fastest time of any Beacons all season (22.33.05) at the UMass Dartmouth Corsairs Invitational
- Posted a sub-24 finish in all four of her races
2016 Had the best freshman season in cross country history as she became the first runner to be named the Little East Conference Rookie Runner of the Year … Was named the Little East Conference Rookie Runner of the Week three times ... Recorded six of the seven fastest times during the 2016 season … Became the first runner in program history to record a top-10 finish (9th) at the Little East Conference Championship meet with her career best time of 19:24.89 on October 29 … Recorded a combined sub-21 minute finishes as a rookie … Earned her second best time at the NEICAAA Championship meet as she crossed the finish line with a time of 20:15.80 on October 8.
PERSONAL/HIGH SCHOOL Graduated from Brockton High School in 2016 where she was a two-sport athlete (cross country, track & field) … Was named a Team Captain and earned All-Scholastic honors … Led the cross country team to a Big-3 Championship … Born on August 15, 1998 … Daughter of Regina Mwangi … Has one brother, Michael … Currently majoring in Biology.