DARTMOUTH, Mass. – The volleyball team closed out their 2018 Little East Conference regular season schedule with a convincing 3-0 win over UMass Dartmouth Tuesday evening at Tripp Athletic Center.
UMass Boston 3, UMass Dartmouth 0
UMass Boston (16-8, 7-1 Little East Conference)
UMass Dartmouth (9-16, 1-6 Little East Conference)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Beacons made quick work of their intra-state rivals as they clinched at-least a share of the Little East Conference regular season title for the 10th straight year. Currently sitting first in the conference standings, the Beacons will now wait to see if Southern Maine can upset Eastern Connecticut State University to earn the top-seed and the right to host the final four of the Little East Conference Tournament.
With the win the Beacons have secured a first-round bye in next week's Little East Conference Tournament.
Sarah Doyle (Glendale, Calif.) and Emilia Czapiewska (Saint Paul, Minn.) each recorded a match-high eight kills. Marcelle Tiscareno (El Paso, Texas) finished with six kills as UMass Boston hit a combined .194.
Czapiewska also helped the Beacons on the defensive side of the net as she registered a double-double with 10 digs. Macayla Chianco (Clearwater, Fla.) also had 10 put-ups. Sidnee Berch (Boca Raton, Fla.) played another solid match for the Beacons as she registered seven digs to go along with two of the Beacons 11 aces.
BY THE NUMBERS
- With the win, UMass Boston has now recorded either a perfect or a one loss conference record every season since the 2008 campaign
- The Beacons 10-straight regular season title stands as the conference record
- UMass Boston will now host or travel to Eastern Connecticut State for the conference tournament semi-finals which are scheduled to begin next Friday
- The Corsairs hit .067 in the loss, while UMB finished with a .194 hitting percentage
- UMass Boston has now won 12-straight over the Corsairs and now have 16 wins all-time against UMD
The Beacons will close out their 2018 regular season this Saturday at Brandeis University at 1 p.m.